When it comes to fraud protection, you are your own best line of defense. That's why it's crucial to remain proactive about checking your account activity and statements. Any suspicious transactions should be reported immediately. To check your account, log in to your online banking or give us a call. We'll be more than happy to discuss fraud protection.
Reach out to us today to get started with our online banking services. If you require support or discover any fraudulent or suspicious activity, be sure to call our Operations Department at (304) 235-5300. Pikeville area callers can reach us by calling the Pikeville branch at (606) 432-5340 and asking to be transferred.
Preventing Identity Theft
We highly value our clients' trust in us. Therefore, we work hard to protect you from any disclosure of your personal information that could lead to identity theft or unauthorized account activities. Remember that we will not contact you by phone, email, or mail to request or verify security details about PINs and passwords. For your privacy and protection, our representatives will ask for certain information to verify your identity. However, we will never request your PINs, passwords, or other similar information.
Tips for Protecting Your Information Online
Follow the tips below to avoid becoming a victim of account fraud, identity theft, or electronic crimes:
- Beware of fraudulent emails or websites.
- Be cautious about opening email attachments.
- Beware of using non-encrypted wireless connections.
- Beware of shoulder surfers.
- Use strong passwords.
- Never use the save ID and password.
- Do not email personal and financial information.
- Dispose of old computers properly.
- Don't give out financial or personal information.
- Safeguard ATM, credit, and debit cards.
- Destroy unnecessary financial documents.
- Take action if regular bills or statements stop reaching you.
- Review account statements.
- Keep personal information off your checks.
- Beware of incoming phone calls.